Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Trimble set to return

Ulster winger Andrew Trimble insists his injury troubles are a thing of the past after being tipped to start for Ireland in their opening Six Nations match against Italy.
The 25-year-old missed much of last term with a knee injury but served a reminder of his talents with a stunning Heineken Cup try against Bath two weeks ago.

And after catching the eye of Ireland boss Declan Kidney, Trimble, who has bagged 40 points in 25 international starts, is set to start ahead of Keith Earls and Shane Horgan.

“I think this year has been hard work. It was a long pre-season with the operation and the ten weeks off my feet and getting back into it,” said Trimble, who appeared as a replacement against Fiji in November having not represented the senior side since 2008.

“I enjoyed working hard and then when the games started I tried to get myself more momentum as Ulster did as well.

“I have been really enjoying my rugby over the last while.

“Especially the last couple of games in the Heineken Cup. I am feeling fit and feeling fast, getting more and more confidence with every game I have played this year for Ulster.

“Now there is a bigger challenge ahead. The Six Nations is the next target, there are opportunities there.

“But there are also a lot of guys playing really well at the minute too. I am not the only one who is playing reasonably well.

“Shane Horgan, Keith Earls and Tommy Bowe are all playing well. A lot of guys are doing great stuff. So it will be a case of wait and see what happens.”
Tickets for Six Nations 2010 Championship are available at Premierevents which is a secure platform to purchase tickets of different events all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment