Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Bowe hails Kidney's wise words



Ireland winger Tommy Bowe has thanked coach Declan Kidney for turning around his Six Nations campaign in the win over England.
Bowe stole the show at Twickenham with two tries in the 20-16 victory to finally open his account in this year’s tournament.

The Ospreys star’s confidence was dwindling after he had been a virtual spectator in the win over Italy and defeat to France but after Kidney’s intervention he took his international tally to 13 tries in 28 appearances.

The 26-year-old will face several club team-mates when Ireland welcome Wales to Croke Park this weekend and Bowe can’t wait to get back to action.

“Not many coaches would spot that I was trying too hard but that’s one of Declan’s main strengths,” said Bowe.

“You don’t like being pulled aside by the head coach in front of everyone but he wanted a quiet word and told me to relax.

“I didn’t think I’d done that badly in the first two games but I was very, very frustrated.

“And I know people like Andrew Trimble and Shane Horgan are breathing down my neck – I just want to keep as much distance between us as possible.”
For Six Nations Premierevents pledges to provide the cheapest event tickets online.No commission, transaction charges or hidden booking fees. By law, we must charge VAT, but the price you see is the price you pay.We ensure their safe and prompt delivery to our customer.Buy Six Nations tickets with full trust!

No comments:

Post a Comment